We have a number of key partnerships that broaden the opportunities that Birmingham & Warwickshire Archaeological Society have access to:
Derbyshire Archaeological Society
The Derbyshire Archaeological Society was founded in 1878 to encourage interest in the County’s archaeology and natural history. The Society was initially called the Derbyshire Archaeological and Natural History Society but the natural history side was dropped in 1961. The Society first published its Journal in 1879 and it has been published every year since. Members also receive Derbyshire Miscellany (a six monthly local history magazine) and a six monthly newsletter. Publications over 5 years old are available as free downloads.
There are four active sections within the society – Archaeological Research Group (ARG), Architectural Section (AS), Local History Section (LHS) and Industrial Archaeology Section (IAS). Each group is responsible its own programme of lectures during the winter months and visits during the summer months, with more than 30 events in total across the year. Many of the lectures are now hybrid events that can be joined via Zoom and non members can book a place for these via Eventbrite.