We have a number of key partnerships in our charitable work. Several of these partnerships widen the opportunities that our members have access to:
Derbyshire Archaeological Society
The Derbyshire Archaeological Society was founded in 1878 to encourage interest in the County’s archaeology and natural history. The Society was initially called the Derbyshire Archaeological and Natural History Society but the natural history side was dropped in 1961. The Society first published its Journal in 1879 and it has been published every year since. The Society also publishes Derbyshire Miscellany (a six monthly local history magazine) and a six monthly newsletter. The Society funds archaeological and historical research, conservation and publication with grants to volunteer groups, schools, museums and academic/professional researchers. It supports local historical societies in studying the historical environment, holds study days, lectures and visits.
Membership of the Society is open to everyone with an interest in the archaeology and history of Derbyshire.
Members of Birmingham & Warwickshire Archaeological Society have access to a number of Derbyshire Archaeological Society’s events, free of charge. Keep an eye on our news page for more information.